Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's That Burning Smell?

That would be the US dollar, as more and more governments and investors around the world realize that the Treasury and the Federal Reserve are in the process of destroying the world's reserve currency.

The Other McCain lays out his perspective here; sample quote:

***
...We are so f****d now that the only question is what kind of financial rubble we will find most useful in rebuilding the shattered wreck of an economy that will be left desolated by the remorselessly descending spiral of inflation/stagnation that now begins in earnest...
***


Denninger, of course, has an equally piquant take; here's a taste:

***
Were I China, sitting on some trillion dollars plus of Treasury bonds, I'd be nervous too. In fact, I'd be shortening duration like a madman, laying off anything but the shortest end of the T-bill curve and hedging like crazy, all the while doing my damnedest not to get caught so as to not ignite a stampede and risk getting trampled.

Oh wait: They are.

Hmmm...
***


Read both articles and the embedded links.

By the way, anyone have a spare English-Mandarin phrasebook?

Alea iacta est.

2 Comments:

Blogger LUCKY said...

My father in law has been beating his drum loudly about the risk we are running of super inflation lately. I have hedged up my wife and my money supply with real silver that we can hold and touch just incase or most likely when things go south on the dollar. That way we will still be able to pay bills, get groceries and trade for things we need.

I would hedge my greenbacks with something a tad more metallic if you have the chance.

May 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM  
Anonymous Chris Muir said...

It's High Noon,ain't it?

We need a new Sheriff.

And, thank you for posting the toon!

May 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home