Western Rifle Shooters Association

Do not give in to Evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beck: The Essential Point

From Billy Beck:

"Why Do I Fight For 2A Rights?"

"Communism. I've seen it, I've lived it. I will hate it until the end of my life.Most of you here say guns in the hands of people can defeat tyrants. Regardless of what you may hear from naysayers and firearms 'hobbyists' who will tell you AR's and AK's in civilian hands are no match for tanks and machine guns (I remember one such hobbyist posting this here on Calguns), I come before you to tell you that what you believe to be true it is true: on December 22nd 1989 me and thousands of my compatriots we did just that.We took up arms from the police forces who deserted their units, broke into the Patriotic Guards arms caches (some sort of communist reserve force), joined forces with a few Army units that refused to obey the order to fire upon the civilian population, kicked Ceausescu out of his palace and on Christmas Day 1989 shoot the bastard and his wife dead."(.454 -- Calguns.net)

I don't like this whole line of thought. Nobody worth a damn does. That doesn't mean, however, that it can be dismissed with a shrug.

I have more principled reasons for my stand on owning firearms, and I don't care one whit in the world for the Second Amendment. It means nothing to me. My rights have nothing to do with the U.S. Constitution, and when it dawns on people that it has finally been erased -- the principal danger of all political premises posed as "social contracts" -- my rights will still validly exist, even if I die defending them. I own firearms because I have a right to private property. That is the First Thing.

I spit on the chickenshits who cower before the might of the state in this context. I've said it before: by that logic, no RAF pilot would ever have taken off in the summer of 1940, because the odds against success were appalling.

This man knows what the Eloi of this country have never glimpsed. If it ever comes to the worst here, then the watchword is "toujours l'audace!"

(linktrain: Uncle, RNS)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home